Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships
Launched in 2020, the Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships aim promote greater diversity and inclusion within the media industries by offering financial assistance to aspiring photojournalists. In partnership with an array of underrepresented journalism and photography associations, Getty Images offers student photographers the financial assistance to pursue education that will further their careers.
This year, Getty Images will offer four scholarships of $10,000 each in partnership with four organizations: Women Photograph, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalists Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists. Please review eligibility and application requirements for each organization below.
Rules & Requirements
- Applicants must apply according to the process specific to each partner organization:
- Women Photograph
- Asian American Journalists Association
- National Association of Black Journalists (please note applications open 30 April)
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists
- Deadlines vary, as indicated on partner application forms.
- Eligibility and application criteria vary by partner organization, but typically include a personal essay, CV, work samples and proof of enrollment in an educational program. Please review each form for more information.
- Applicants can only apply for Inclusion Scholarships via one partner organization.
- Four scholarships of $10,000 to be used during the 2021‑2022 academic year.
- The scholarship funds can be used for tuition, camera equipment or other education costs.
- Winners are selected by juries convened by each organization and Getty Images, comprising accomplished professionals from the fields of photography and journalism.
- Winners will be notified in June 2021, followed by a public announcement.